Video Poker : Video Poker - a special purpose computerBy Jon Morrison
|Level:||May 20th 2006|
- Video Poker is nothing more than a special purpose computer, running a single program.
- You can't influence a computer's processing by prayers, rabbit's feet or waving your hands over the display. If this weren't true then our modern computerized society, would not be possible. How would it feel to spend 2 hours working on your spreadsheet or word processing document only to have a coworker walk by and wave his hands and scramble the whole thing?
- The cards are dealt in a random manner that must meet the specifications of the Nevada Gaming Commission. The only control over the percentage the machine keeps is the PAYTABLE.
- Therefore it is possible to analyze the exact correct play for any cards dealt that will yield the maximum value (expected return) for any holding over time. It is also possible to calculate the exact percentage percentage the machine will win or lose over time if it is played at the maximum efficiency.
- All of this has been analyzed starting back in the middle 80's and on through today with all of the new games.
- That analysis shows that there are a variety of games that will yield a player advantage if played correctly.
- Even a machine that has a slight player disadvantage can be played with a positive expectation when the CASH BACK and COMPS available from SLOT CLUBS are taken into consideration.
RELATED GAME STRATEGIESLesson 1: Video Poker Overview
Learn about the Poker machines that seem right out of the JetsonsLesson 2: Video Poker Rules and Strategy
How to play and point to follow to play smartLesson 3: Video Poker Bonuses
Most providers and games offer different bonuses, learn about the most popularLesson 4: Video Poker Tips
Things to keep in mind and simple advice
|532 articles||(Jenna Jameson and the Online...) | articles home | (Online Casino Hires a Fired...)|