Roulette is a casino and gambling game named after the French word meaning small wheel. In the game a croupier spins the wheel in one direction and then spins the ball in the opposed direction around the circumference of the roulette's wheel. The ball ultimately falls onto the wheel and into one of 37 (in European Roulette) or 38 (in American Roulette) colored and numbered pockets on the wheel (see the image above). The object of the game is to predict which number out of possible 38, in our case, the ball will land on.
The most significant dissimilarity between European Roulette and American Roulette is that the American wheel has a single zero and a double zero (the green pockets). Whereas the European Roulette wheel has only a single zero.
Another difference is that the numbers on the American Roulette wheel are placed in pairs opposite of each other, whereas the numbers on the European wheel are placed in an arbitrary order.
In my opinion the American table is more convenient as the red/black, odd/even are placed right next to each other and the first18/last18 betting spots are placed right next to the single numbers. However, the European single zero roulette table is more attractive in symmetry.
How to Play
- Button Description:
- Spin: spins the wheel.
- Clear Bets: clear the table of previous bets.
- New Game: start a new game round.
- Rebet: place the same bet as in the previous game round and deal the cards too.
- Skip Turn: skip your turn when you are playing in Multiplayer mode.
- Chat: to chat with other players; type your message and then click this button again (or press enter).
- History: with this option you are able to see the Online American Roulette game history (dates, bets and results of your previous game rounds).
- Help: opens the Online American Roulette help file.
- Options: open the Options dialog box.
- Cashier: this option is available only in Real Money mode. Click it to go to the Cashier. The Cashier allows you to deposit or withdraw money, view your transaction history, etc.
- Play For Real Money: this option is available only in Fun Mode. Clicking this will take you to the Real Money mode account creation page. If you already have a Real Money mode account, it will take you to the Real Money mode Login screen.
- Lobby: press this to exit the online casino game and go back to the lobby. You can't exit in the middle of a game round.
- Bet options:
- Outside bets: an outside bet is placed on large groups of numbers or on a single color. Outside bets include bets on Red, Black, Odd, Even, 1-18, 19-36, 1st 12, 2nd 12, 3rd 12, and the 2 to 1 columns. Outside bets have better odds of winning and lower payouts.
- Inside bets: an inside bet is placed on a specific number or a small group of numbers. Inside bets include straight up bets, split bets, street bets, corner bets, five-number bets, and six-number bets. Inside bets have lower odds of winning and higher payouts.
- Placing Bets:
Red Winning number will be red. Example: I (Red numbers). Black Winning number will be black Odd Winning number will be odd. Example: J (Odd numbers). Even Winning number will be even 1-18 Winning number will be between 1 and 18 19-36 Winning number will be between 19 and 36. Example: K (19 through 36). 1st 12 Winning number will be between 1 and 12 2nd 12 Winning number will be between 13 and 24 3rd 12 Winning number will be between 25 and 36. Example: H (25 through 36). 2 to 1 Column Winning number will be in the selected 2 to 1 column. Example: G (Set of column numbers). Straight up Winning number will be the exact number bet on. Example: A (30) Split Winning number will be one of two adjacent numbers Street Winning number will be one of three numbers in a row Corner Winning number will be one of four adjacent numbers Five Number Winning number will be either 0, 00, 1, 2, or 3 Six Number Winning number will be one of six adjacent numbers
- Split Bet: a split bet is a single bet on two numbers. You win 17:1 if either number wins. To place a split bet, click on the line between two numbers. Example: B (11 or 14).
- Street Bet: a street bet is a single bet on three numbers. You win 11:1 if any of the three numbers win. To place a street bet, click on the right-hand line on the outer edge of the three numbers. Example: C (19, 20, 21).
- Corner Bet: a corner bet is a single bet on four numbers. You win 8:1 if any of those four numbers win. To place a corner bet, click on the intersection of four numbers. Example: D (25, 26, 28, 29).
- Five Number Bet: a five number bet is a single bet on the numbers 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3. You win 6:1 if any of those five numbers win. To place the five number bet, click on the right-hand corner shared by 00 and 3. Example: E (0, 00, 1, 2, 3).
- Six Number Bet: a six number bet is a single bet on six numbers. You win 5:1 if any of those six numbers win. To place a six number bet, click on the right-hand corner shared by two numbers on the right side of the table. Example: F (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9).
Play it here!
|511 games||previous game (Alchemist's Lab) | game specifics home | next game (Around the World)|