Chartwell Technology develops, licenses, implements and sustains gaming applications and entertainment content for the online world and wireless platforms. Its Java and Flash based software products and games are created for the gaming industry, entertainment, publicity and promotional applications. The company offers high quality online casino games, including video poker, instant games, slots and table games like Baccarat.
Baccarat is one of the simplest table games introduced into France from Italy in the XV century. The most famous type of baccarat is chemin de fer, which has been promoted by several James Bond movies.
Baccarat is a simple game with only 3 possible results:
The object of Baccarat is to predict if the Player or the Banker hand will get a point value closest to 9. The hand with the highest point value wins.
Here are the concrete stages of playing Baccarat:
- You place a bet on the Player, Banker, or on a Tie
- The Player and Banker are each dealt 2 cards
- If each hand has a Natural, that hand automatically wins, unless there is a Tie (in a Tie between two Naturals, the highest point value wins. If both Naturals are equal, you Push on Banker and Player bets and win on Tie bets)
- The Player draws a third card or Stands according to the rules
- The Banker draws a third card or Stands according to the same rules
- Ultimately the two hands are compared to establish the winner
- Click on the chip stack located in the bottom right corner of the screen to select the desired bet amount. The amount selected must be bigger-than or equal-to the minimum bet requirement posted on the table.
- Click the Player, Banker, or Tie section of the table to place your initial bet. To remove or change a bet, hold the shift key and left click the chip(s) in the Bet circle.
- Click on the Deal button to have the cards dealt.
Baccarat cards are counted in a unique manner. Cards from 2 to 9 maintain their face value. All 10-value cards (tens and all picture cards) count as 0 and Aces count as 1.
The value of the hand is obtained by adding the value of the individual cards. If the cards in a hand total 10 or more, simply subtract 10. So, summing a 6 and a 4, we obtain zero. Any hand worth zero is called a Baccarat.
|Player's Hand Value ||Player's Moves|
|0-5||Draws 3rd card|
Banker (if Player has 2 cards)
|Banker's Hand Value||Player's Hand Value||Banker's Moves|
|-||8, 9 (Natural)||Stands|
Banker (if Player has 3 cards)
|Banker's Hand Value||Player's 3rd card||Banker's Moves|
|0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 9||Draws|
|4||0, 1, 8, 9||Stands|
|2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7||Draws|
|5||0, 1, 2, 3, 8 or 9||Stands|
|4, 5, 6, or 7||Draws|
|6||0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 or 9||Stands|
|8, 9 (Natural)||Anything||Stands|
- Display Quality: you can change this to Low if you are experiencing slowdowns in play because of your computer's processing abilities.
- Dealer Voice: this will turn the messages such as "Player Wins" on and off.
- Sound FX: this turns the game sounds (like the cards snapping into place and beeps when you click on the buttons) on and off.
- Load Ambient Sound: this will turn on the sounds of a normal casino, such as people talking in the background (these sounds are very quiet compared to the other sounds).
For more information about the game, go to Main Menu – Gaming Guide.
|511 games||previous game (Arthur's Quest) | game specifics home | next game (Blackjack)|