Pai Gow Poker
PAI GOW POKER SCREENSHOT
Pai Gow Poker (or Double-Hand Poker) is an Americanized version of the Chinese Pai Gow, in that it is gambled with playing cards using poker hand rankings, while Pai Gow is played with Chinese dominoes. The games of Pai Gow Poker and Super Pan 9 (the last is not a poker game) were co-created by Sam Torosian and Fred Wolf.
In Pai Gow Poker you are dealt 7 cards and the dealer is dealt 7 cards. You divide your cards into a 5-card hand and 2-card hand. Your two hands are then compared to the dealer's two hands. The objective of Pai Gow Poker is to get a better 5-card hand and 2-card hand than the dealer. Hands are ranked according to usual poker rules, with the exception that the Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5 straight is the second highest straight. Another poker exception to the game is the inclusion of the Joker. The Joker can be used to complete a 5-card flush, straight, or straight flush. If not, the Joker is counted as an Ace.
If both of your hands have a superior poker rank than the dealer's two hands, you win. If both of the dealer's hands have a superior poker rank, the dealer wins. If you win one hand and lose the other hand, you Push. If you get a copy (Tie) on either hand, the dealer wins the Tie for that hand.
Pai Gow Poker Rules
- A 5 card hand must rank higher than the 2 card hand.
- Cards are ranked according to ordinary poker rules.
- The Joker can only be used to complete straights or flushes, otherwise it counts as an Ace.
- Dealer wins any Tie.
Bet: first, place a bet by selecting a chip and clicking on the Bet area in the middle of the table. You can place multiple chips if you want. To remove a chip from the bet field, right click on it.
Deal: click on Deal to deal the cards.
You are dealt 7 cards. Leave 5 of them in the Highest hand and choose 2 that go to the 2nd Highest hand. To send a card to the 2nd Highest hand, just click on it. To send it back to the Highest hand, click on it again. The five-card hand (or the Highest) must always outrank the two-card hand (or the 2nd Highest). You can also click the House Way button to let the computer select your hands in a certain manner.
Done: click on Done (if you did not press House Way).
The dealer's cards are revealed. Further, we have the following options:
if both the dealer's hands are higher than yours, you lose your bet.
if one of you hands is higher and the other is lower, the round results as a push and your bet is returned.
if both your hands are higher, you win even money on your bet (1:1) minus 5% bank commission.
in case of an exact match between hands (called a copy) the tie goes to the banker.
New Game: click on New Game if you want to play another round. Place a bet again as described above, or click on the Rebet button to place the same bet as in the previous round.
- Deal: Deals the cards.
- Clear Bets: Removes all your bets from the table.
- Done: After choosing the two cards for the 2nd highest hand, click this button to proceed.
- House Way: Let the computer put together your highest and 2nd highest hand in the most efficient manner.
- New Game: Start a new game round.
- Rebet: Place the same bet as in the previous round and deal the cards.
- Chat: You cannot use the chat feature in a single player game. However, you can answer a casino administrator if they initiate a chat with you.
- History: with this option you are able to see the Online Pai Gow Poker game history (dates, bets and results of your previous game rounds).
- Help: opens the Online Pai Gow Poker help file.
- Options: open the Options dialog box.
- Cashier: this option is available only in Real Money mode. Click it to go to the Cashier. The Cashier allows you to deposit or withdraw money, view your transaction history, etc.
- Play For Real Money: this option is available only in Fun Mode. Clicking this will take you to the Real Money mode account creation page. If you already have a Real Money mode account, it will take you to the Real Money mode Login screen.
- Lobby: press this to exit the online casino game and go back to the lobby. You can't exit in the middle of a game round.
|1. Pai Gow Poker Rules|
|2. Table Game Strategies for Pai Gow Poker|
|511 games||previous game (Ocean Princess) | game specifics home | next game (Party Line)|