Pai Gow Poker
In Pai Gow Poker you are dealt 7 cards and the dealer is dealt 7 cards. You divide your cards into a 5-card hand and 2-card hand. Your two hands are then compared to the dealer's two hands. The objective of Pai Gow Poker is to get a better 5-card hand and 2-card hand than the dealer. Hands are ranked according to usual poker rules, with the exception that the Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5 straight is the second highest straight. Another poker exception to the game is the inclusion of the Joker. The Joker can be used to complete a 5-card flush, straight, or straight flush. If not, the Joker is counted as an Ace.
If both of your hands have a superior poker rank than the dealer's two hands, you win. If both of the dealer's hands have a superior poker rank, the dealer wins. If you win one hand and lose the other hand, you Push. If you get a copy (Tie) on either hand, the dealer wins the Tie for that hand.
Pai Gow Poker Rules
- A 5 card hand must rank higher than the 2 card hand.
- Cards are ranked according to ordinary poker rules (see the table below).
- The Joker can only be used to complete straights or flushes, otherwise it counts as an Ace.
- Dealer wins any copied hand (Tie).
- Bet: to place a bet, the Player must click on the chip value that they wish to gamble.
- Deal: press Deal to begin the game once a bet has been placed. The Player gets 7 cards face up and the Dealer gets 7 cards face down.
- Split: to split the cards into 2 hands, the Player must click on the 2 cards that will make up the 2 card hand and then click the Split button.
Ranking the Hands
The hands are ranked according to standard poker rules with one exception: the Ace-2-3-4-5 straight is the second highest straight. Straights rank, from highest to lowest:
Card Values. Ranking Table
|Five of a King||4 Aces plus the Joker||AS, AH, AD, AC, Joker|
|Royal Flush||A, K, Q, J, 10 of same suit||AH, KH, QH, JH, 10H|
|Straight Flush||5 cards of same suit in sequence||7S, 6S, 5S, 4S, 3S|
|Four of a Kind||4 cards of same rank||6S, 6H, 6D, 6C|
|Full House||3 of a kind, plus a pair||2S, 2H, 2D, 3S, 3H|
|Flush||5 cards of same suit||9D, 8D, 7D, 6D, 5D|
|Straight||5 cards in sequence, mixed suits||7D, 6S, 5H, 4C, 3H|
|Three of a Kind||3 cards of same rank||7S, 7D, 7C|
|Two Pair||2 pairs of different rank||6S, 6H, 4D, 4C|
|One Pair||1 pair (2 cards) of same rank||KH, KD|
|High Card||5 cards of different ranks and suits||AH, KS, 10D, 5C, 2S|
Latest Asian Games Articles
|1. Pai Gow Poker Rules|
|2. Table Game Strategies for Pai Gow Poker|
|511 games||previous game (Outta This World) | game specifics home | next game (Paradise Dreams)|